Capable Alabama Business Litigation Attorneys Resolve Complex Disputes
ESTABLISHED LAW FIRM REPRESENTS COMPANIES IN THE NORTHEAST ALABAMA AND SOUTH CENTRAL TENNESSEE AREA
If you engage in commerce, sooner or later you are almost certain to encounter a dispute with a client or contractor that you’ll need outside help to resolve. If your company was wronged by a breach of contract or if claims of unfair practices have been made against your business, contacting an experienced business litigation firm is essential.
At The Porter Law Group, we represent business owners and corporate boards in Jackson County, northeast Alabama and south central Tennessee in trials in Alabama, Tennessee and federal courts. Click here to see a list of representative recorded cases in Mr. Porter's profile for examples of his experience and success in a variety of legal matters.
Mr. Porter is a Registered Court Mediator and also has experience in commercial arbitration. As strong negotiators, The Porter Law Group will seek to settle disputes to save your company both time and expense, but we are always prepared to assert your rights at trial.
KNOWLEDGEABLE LITIGATORS HANDLE BREACH OF CONTRACT CASES
To run a business smoothly and successfully, owners often have to place their trust in the hands of employees, third-party contractors or other businesses. When that trust is broken, it can affect business operations, profits, consumer confidence and more. When a party to a contract doesn’t perform, there are remedies our attorneys can seek for monetary damages or equitable relief. These may include:
- Compensatory damages — Reimbursement for immediate monetary loss
- Consequential and incidental damages — Compensation for additional foreseeable losses caused by the breach
- Attorney fees and costs — Amounts available only if the contract expressly states they are recoverable
- Liquidated damages — Amounts specified in the contract that are payable for particular breaches, such as late or substandard performance
- Specific performance — Court order requiring the breaching party to fulfill the terms of the contract
- Punitive damages — Penalty for a party’s objectionable behavior, meant to punish the breaching party and discourage other parties from acting in a similar manner
- Rescission — Cancellation of the contract, with both sides excused from further performance and payments made under the contract returned
- Reformation — Change in the terms of the contract when the court believes there was an honest misunderstanding by the parties about what was to be performed
The lawyers at The Porter Law Group are committed to helping business owners achieve the best legal remedy for breach of contract cases, whether they are the plaintiffs or defendants.
SKILLED ATTORNEYS NEGOTIATE FROM A POSITION OF STRENGTH
Resolving a business dispute outside of court saves companies both time and money. The professionals at The Porter Law Group will seek to have frivolous claims dropped or dismissed and work strategically to negotiate favorable settlements at the bargaining table. We understand the advantages of alternative dispute resolution (ADR), including mediation and arbitration and have deep experience in both methods. Our skilled negotiators help our clients get their businesses back on track while avoiding the expense of litigation.
EXPERIENCED LITIGATORS PRESS FOR YOUR RIGHTS IN COURT
If litigation becomes necessary, we build strong cases and argue them before a judge. In addition to breach of contract, the possible legal actions that may be brought against a business are wide-ranging and can include complaints from employees, customers, other businesses or the government related to:
- Business torts
- Products liability
- Professional liability
- Partnership and shareholder disputes
- Banking and creditor issues, including lender liability
- Intellectual property, including copyright and trademark infringement
- Antitrust, unfair practices and trade regulation violations
- Breach of warranty
- Construction law
- Environmental law
- Real estate
- Toxic tort
For issues such as these, our attorneys will provide trustworthy legal guidance and representation that protects your business’s bottom line.
Contact dependable Alabama business litigators
If your business has been damaged by someone else’s conduct, or you are accused of a wrongful action, it is essential to seek skilled legal representation as soon as possible. Delaying the exercise of your rights could mean losing them. Recovering damages could mean the difference between profitability and insolvency for your company. Call the Scottsboro, Alabama office of The Porter Law Group at 256-574-5156 or contact us online to schedule an initial consultation in person, via phone or video conference.